Posted by Gonggong Sumali on November 30, 2006 at 08:33:10:
In Reply to: Sampalut recipe posted by Jon Pantoon on September 08, 2006 at 17:22:04:
2 cans coconut milk
1 tbsp. sago or tapioca pearls
20 pcs bilo-bilo balls
2 lbs. gabi (taro root), diced
1 lb. kamote (sweet potato), diced
3 plantain bananas, sliced crosswise
6 sections of langka (jackfruit), in strips
1 cup sugar
2 cups warm water
* Combine 1 cup of coconut milk and 2 cups water and bring to a boil.
* Add sago (or tapioca pearls), gabi, and bilo-bilo and cook until half-cooked.
* Add kamote, plaintain and langka ang sugar and continue cooking.
* Add the other can of coconut milk and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
* Simmer for 5 minutes and adjust sugar to taste.