Posted by Ironu Cezefu on January 07, 2007 at 21:33:54:
In Reply to: Lechon Kawali recipe posted by Kora on December 10, 2006 at 07:12:33:
Here are two recipes for ya!
� 1-1/2 lb. pork liempo (pork belly), cut into serving pieces
� 4 cloves garlic, crushed
� 1/4 tsp. pepper or 1 tsp. peppercorns
� 2 tbsp. salt
� water, for boiling
� oil, for frying
� 1 tbsp. soy sauce
� 2-1/2 tbsp. vinegar
� 1 clove garlic, minced
� chili peppers (optional)
Cooking Procedures :
1. Put pork pieces in a big pot. Cover with water. Add garlic, pepper or peppercorns and salt.
2. Bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for an hour or until meat is tender. Drain.
3. Deep-fry liempo pieces in batches until golden brown and blisters appear on skin.
4. Drain on paper towels.
5. Mix together all ingredients for the sauce.
6. Serve with chopped lechon kawali.
2 to 3-pound pork shoulder, with skin 4 cups water 2 tablespoons salt
1 to 2 cups cooking oil 2 cups Lechon Sauce
Boil pork in water with salt until skin is tender. Remove from heat and drain. Cool and air-dry. Deep fry in oil until tiny blisters appear on the skin. Chop into serving pieces. Serve with Lechon (liver) sauce or a dip of vinger, salt and crushed garlic.