Posted by mj on April 23, 2009 at 01:28:30:
In Reply to: Re: Litson Manok Recipe (Like that of Andok's) posted by nina on June 05, 2007 at 20:35:04:
1 whole chicken (about 1.5 kilos)
¼ cup soy sauce
juice extracted from 12 pcs calamansi
1 tsp salt
½ tsp ground black pepper
freshly ground pepper
a few stems of dried tanglad
1. Wash the chicken thoroughly and pat dry using paper towels.
2. In a bowl, combine all the ingredients except the tanglad and freshly ground pepper.
3. Put 2/3 of the mixture and the tanglad inside the chicken’s cavity.
4. Tie the chicken legs using 1 stalk of tanglad, and tuck the wings under the chicken.
5. Brush the chicken with the remaining sauce and put freshly ground pepper all over the chicken.
6. Let it stand in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours for a more flavorful taste.
7. Put it in a baking dish and cover it with foil. Roast it in a preheated 400°F oven. Bake for 45-60 minutes, or until chicken is tender.
Tip: (from Good Housekeeping) – When done, let the chicken rest for 10 minutes before cutting. This allows the juices to be redistributed making the meat juicy.