Posted by aling bering on October 28, 2003 at 17:58:13:
In Reply to: mamon posted by joan on January 04, 2003 at 21:09:33:
Here's my Lola's MAMON recipe. Its really easy to make. I hope you like it.
• 2 cups self-raising flour
• 1 1/4 cups white sugar
• 1 cup milk
• 8 eggyolks
• 1 1/2 cups oil
• 1 teaspoon anise (optional)
1. Pre-heat oven to 350F. In a medium bowl, mix flour, sugar and milk until smooth. Set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs, oil and anise (if desired) at medium speed until smooth. Add first mixture and blend until smooth.
3. Pour mixture into lined muffin pans, about 1/2 to 3/4 full. Bake for 15 minutes.
As for the egg whites, you can use that to make MERINGUE.